Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my adopted recipe Feb 2005. This is very different than the original as it wasn't complete. It's a very tasty dish now. DH and I both had it yesterday and the leftovers today. Just as good warmed up.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 -2 cup leftover vegetables (frozen, fresh or canned. If using fresh make sure they are cut small enough to cook in about 30 minu)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken gravy (can be leftover, canned or make your own.)
- 2 cups chicken flavor stuffing mix or 2 cups herb stuffing mix (like Stove Top)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- set oven at 400°F Layer chicken on bottom of 2L or 2 quart greased or sprayed casserole dish.
- Layer vegetables over chicken.
- I used package chicken gravy mix and made it on the stove and it was hot when I poured it over the vegetable and chicken.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 1/4 cup hot water and pour over the 2 cups stuffing mix, mixing well so that all pieces are damp.
- Spread over casserole and bake for 30 minutes if your gravy was hot, may take longer if gravy was cold; It's done when it's bubbling nicely
Very good, and quick and easy to make on a weeknight. I used some already cooked chopped chicken instead of raw chicken. I partially cooked some frozen vegetables, and used a jar of chicken gravy. Good comfort food taste.
This is so easy. I've made a few of these for my grandma as a OAMC meal to place in her freezer. The only change I make is making them in mini foil loaf pans for smaller portions, oh and I have her bake them covered with foil pierced with a fork. Thanks Dorel!
There are ingredients that are never used in the instructions. This recipe is incomplete.