Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is such a good, basic"meat and potato " dish that will be enjoyed.
Make and share this One Dish Chicken Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 -4 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- salsa, to taste (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt margarine, and saute bell pepper, onion, and celery.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, half-in-half, green chilies, and seasonings.
- Stir in bell pepper mixture, chicken and half of cheese.
- Fold in the hash brown potatoes. Spoon into greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle remaining cheese over top, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with salsa.
This is good; reminds me of the chicken enchilada casserole I make. I left out the bell peppers (we do not like) and used a shallot instead of the onion. Other than that made as is. Was quick to put together; I put it together and then in the fridge a couple hours before dinner, just took it out and popped int he oven. Made for 1-2-3-Hits Tag 5/2010
These are my favorite kind of recipes, easy put together fast, and a little bit of time before it hits the table so I can catch up on some housework! I used up some leftover smoked chicken breast to make this recipe. Very filling meal and we enjoyed it very much! Thanks for sharing!