Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is so easy and delicious.
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix, for chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- Toss contents of vegetable seasoning packet, stuffing mix, and 1 2/3 cup water set aside.
- Place chicken in 13 x 9 baking dish or 2 quart baking dish.
- Mix soup and sour cream; pour over chicken.
- Spoon stuffing evenly over the top; Bake at 375 degree for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
This baked to a great comfort-food meal. The chicken came out moist and tender. I made my own stuffing using homemade unsalted broth so I did add a bit of salt to the dressing. I forgot how salty canned soup is; I didn't need to add any extra. Other than my mistake, this was just as advertised; easy and one dish.
Terrific. I added a layer of sliced mushrooms both under and over the chicken (we love mushrooms) and it was delicious. My husband has requested it again soon.
This was very good... the chicken could be replaced by other type of meat - Grd beef, Grd Turkey, Boneless Pork Chops, Spencer steaks - for a Mexican twist use use Crushed Tortilla chips or Dorito's and Southwest Pepper Jack Cheese soup. BDavis, Hudson,FL