Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
An old standby with many variations. This recipe is from Campbells soup Kitchen
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Stir the soup, water, rice, paprika and black pepper in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Top with chicken. Season with additional paprika and black pepper. Cover.
- Bake covered at 375 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
Ridiculously easy recipe to make. I have added frozen peas, onions, whatever I see in the fridge that would work nicely. You may need to add a few minutes if adding frozen extras, though.
This was really easy to put together and then it all cooks in the oven and you don't have to fuss. Only change I made was to use cream of chicken soup (DH bought the wrong kind when i sent him to the store!). Made for PAC Spring 2011.
This was a wonderful version of a classic dish (and it seems everyone has their favorite way to make this recipe). And it was quite easy to prepare. We really enjoyed this recipe, especially the nice touch from the paprika. The only thing I did differently was to use 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup milk, just so the rice was a little creamier than usual. Thank you for sharing your recipe , Mark RN.