Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
One-Dish chicken with rice carrots and onions. It was something new I tried last night and turned out wonderful. Quick, easy, and delicious.
- 12 pieces boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups hot water
- 5 fresh carrots
- 1 small yellow onion
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash basil
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 pinch parsley
- 1 dash dill weed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 dash seasoning salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Start out by finding a large casserole dish. Pour in 2 cups of white rice. Add 2 cups of really hot water. Add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. Stir until well combined.
- Put dish into preheat oven for 10min. Remove, add salt and pepper, mix, then set aside. Increase temperature to 450.
- Meanwhile, clean and peel carrots. Cut into slices. Put into medium bowl. Add about 2tbsp of olive oil. Generously add dill weed. Mix until well spread, then set aside.
- Peel and cut onion to create slices. Set aside.
- Take olive oil and pour small dabs on each chicken thigh, spreading the oil around. Sprinkle generous amount of seasoned salt and garlic powder to each thigh. Poke with fork. Sprinkle Oregano, basil, and parsley onto each thigh.
- Put each thigh on top of rice. Place carrots and onions on top. Put a little butter on top of raw vegetables.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 40 minutes, or until rice is tender, and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy.
I love one dish meals when I don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. The flavor of this dish was really nice and it was so easy to put together. Next time, I will probably use a different vegetable. Although I sliced them fairly small, the carrots were not cooked through when the rest of the dish was done. Thanks for sharing it.