1/8 Photos of One Dish Chicken and Bows
I love this meal for it's ease and down home goodness. You can make this one dish meal in less than 30 minutes. It's pretty too! You could substitute chopped carrots for the red pepper if you'd prefer. It reminds me of chicken pot pie without the 'pie'. Comfort! It makes A LOT so you can serve half of it and freeze the other half for a quick dinner some other night. From Simple & Delicious courtesy of Danette Forbes. *NOTE: this recipe does not include many spices, etc.. It is meant to be a comfort food type of recipe. If you enjoy spice, go ahead and throw some in!! This recipe is also versatile in terms of what veggies you like. Have fun with it. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pcs
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook the pasta according to the pkg. directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet or dutch oven, cook the chicken and red pepper (or carrots) in melted butter over medium heat for about 6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 3Stir in the soup, peas, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in parmesan cheese.
- 6Drain pasta and add to the chicken mixture, tossing to coat.
- 8If freezing: Cool remaining mixture and transfer to a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 9To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the fridge overnight. Transfer to an ungreased, shallow 3 quart microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Dish Chicken and Bows
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 707.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 27.1 g