Recipe by Dicewoman
A great recipe for any time of year. Less mess, because it's only in one bowl! Very easy, and very tasty!
Top Review by MA HIKER
A very tasty bread and the one-bowl is a nice twist. I used sugar which I think I would cut to 3/4 cup - it was a bit sweet for me. I also use 1/4 cup egg substitute. Posted for spring 2007 PAC.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf pan with PAM or other cooking spray. (Or just grease loaf pan.).
- In medium-sized bowl, mix oil and Splenda until combined.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Add flour all at once. Mix until smooth.
- Sprinkle baking soda and baking powder over batter. Mix well.
- Sprinkle cloves and cinnamon over batter. Mix well.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, scraping sides.
- Bake in center of the oven at 350 degrees for one hour.