Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an easy one-bowl cake! For greasing pan see Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!).
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or use orange extract)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped walnuts
BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Set oven to 350 (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl mix together all cake ingredients excetp the nuts until well blended and smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in walnuts.
- Transfer to prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Invert onto a plate.
- Let cake stand for 30 minutes before glazing.
- For the glaze; in a bowl mix together all glaze ingredients until smooth adding in more water if needed to make a thick consistancy for glazing.
- Drizzle over cake.
This cake is fabulous! I even left off the glaze because I was serving people who aren't big on super sweet cakes, and it was still great. I intend to try it with the glaze soon though. Thanks!
This is a WONDERFUL MOIST ORANGE flavored cake! I used dark brown sugar, honey graham cracker crumbs, the vanilla option and pecans in place of the walnuts. The glaze is GREAT too! Made for Zaar Tag.