I pilfered this from www.thekitchn.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the pasta, water and salt in a microwave-safe bowl.
- 2Microwave on HIGH in 2 minute intervals until the pasta is al dente, stirring between each interval. This should take about 6-8 minutes total. If the pasta absorbs all the water before the pasta is cooked, add another 2 tablespoons of water.
- 3Stir in the milk and the cheddar cheese. Microwave on HIGH in 30 second intervals until the cheese has melted into a creamy sauce, stirring between each interval for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes total. For a creamier sauce, add an extra tablespoon or two of milk and cheese.
- 4OPTIONAL ADD-INS: Add any of these along with the milk and cheese: diced onions, diced peppers, diced tomatoes, shredded leftover meat, a few tablespoons of salsa, 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Bowl Microwave Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.5
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 1550.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 22.9 g