Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
EZ yummy fudge recipe my Mother gave me. The hardest part is waiting 2 hours for it to set in the refrigerator. You can substitute the semi-sweet chocolate for milk chocolate, if you prefer, requiring 16 oz. of milk chocolate chips. Also vary the recipe by adding chopped nuts and 2 cups of miniature marshmallows to create "Rocky Road Fudge"...mmmmmm good! I hope you enjoy this.
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesbakers semisweet chocolate
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Microwave chocolate and milk in a large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1-3 minutes,stirring after each minute.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted!
- Then stir in vanilla (and nuts if you like).
- Spread in greased 8 inch square pan.
- (I used butter flavored non-stick spray).
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Makes 1 1/2-2 dozen.
Absolutely yummy and wonderful! I halved this recipe and made it for my family this afternoon. Next time I'll double it. I think this is the simplest chocolate fudge I've ever made. It's simple for a beginner cook also to go ahead and make this. I did not use nuts because we wanted plain choc fudge. Thank you for this most wonderful afternoon treat that made everyone's hearts skip a beat!