Recipe by Nancy Sneed
Delicious, easy to make chocolate frosting that all kids will love, even the big ones. This makes enough to frost tops and sides of 2 9 inch round cake layers. This recipe came from the back of a Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate box.
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened, divided
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave chocolate in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through heating time.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons of the margarine, milk, and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until well blended.
- Beat in remaining 6 tablespoons margarine until smooth.
- If frosting becomes too thick, beat in additional milk by teaspoonfuls until of spreading consistency.
- *TOP OF STOVE PREPARATION.
- Melt chocolate and margarine in heavy 2-quart saucepan on very low heat; stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Continue as above.
- **1oz square chocolate= 3 to 4 TBSP cocoa+ 1/2 TBSP fat.