Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of those always-works, whips up in no time, freezes well, can't be beat coffee cakes. A recipe from my friend Ayelet.
- Mix everything except cinnamon sugar in large bowl.
- Pour half the mixture into a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar onto the mixture.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Sprinkle again with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
No butter, no sour cream, and still a wonderful moist cake. My only warning is be careful not to put too much cinnamon sugar or else it tends to be a bit too sweet. I also put some chopped walnuts in with the cinnamon sugar. This was an excellent cake.
Such an easy to make and delicious cake too. It never made it to the freezer! My DH and I kept cutting a piece every time we walked by it in the kitchen. Yum. I used orange juice and cinnamon sugar Cinnamon Sugar which is terrific. Thanks for another 'keeper'. Going to make one now to keep in the freezer, with some self control this time :):) for unexpected company. Thanks for posting. :) Burnice