1/7 Photos of One-Bowl Double Chocolate Triple Layer Cake With Berries
For Chocolate lovers, what can I say but YUM! and easy too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter and line three 9 inch cake pans with parchment paper, or instead of lining use non stick cake pans and just butter well.
- 3Combine the flour, cocoa, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl; blend well, add the butter with the mixer on low, blend until crumbly.
- 4Stir the milk with the lemon juice.
- 5Add half the milk mixture, blending on low speed for 1 minute, increase the speed to medium. Beat in the remaining milk mixture, eggs, and vanilla until batter is smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- 6Divide the batter evenly into the prepared pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of one layer comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a rack and cool completely.
- 8In a clean bowl, beat the butter until creamy, beat in the eggs and vanilla until light; sift icing sugar with the cocoa; add the icing sugar mixture and beat until fluffy. Frost between the layers, adding a few berries on top of the frosting on each layer. Frost the sides and the top of the cake. In another bowl combine the frozen berries and the berry sugar, mix to coat.
- 9Place half a dozen berries in the middle top of the cake on top of the frosting.
- 10Serve the rest of the berries beside each slice of the cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One-Bowl Double Chocolate Triple Layer Cake With Berries
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 908.8
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 240.9 mg
- Sodium 609.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 88.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: