Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The beauty of this recipe is that the ingredients are mixed in one step. It is a no-fail recipe that is simple and delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 round cake pans.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and beat at low speed until moistened; beat for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into cake pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes; remove from pans and cool.
- Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting.
- This recipe can also be baked in a 9x13-inch pan or 18 cupcakes with baking time adjustments.
This turned out fantastic! I followed recipe exactly but cooked in a 9 inch springform pan as my husband wanted a single-layer cake for his birthday. Cooking time adjusted, it was done around 35-40 minutes. So delicious and easy! Thank you!
Quick, delicious and just what were craving. Really good chocolate flavor and so simple to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
The best chocolate cake recipe ever, in my opinion, because it tastes great *and* is super-easy. I never keep buttermilk or vegetable oil in my pantry, and I was running low on olive oil, so I used regular milk and melted butter in place of the buttermilk and oil. It still turned out amazing. I made mini cupcakes with this, cooking at 350F for 15 minutes. Topped with Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option) http://www.food.com/recipe/kittencals-best-cream-cheese-frosting-extra-creamy-option-90142 , but I added some sifted cocoa powder to make it a chocolate cream cheese frosting. FABULOUS.