Recipe by PCrocker
The beauty of this recipe is that the ingredients are mixed in one step. It is a no-fail recipe that is simple and delicious.
Top Review by Veggie Fam
This turned out fantastic! I followed recipe exactly but cooked in a 9 inch springform pan as my husband wanted a single-layer cake for his birthday. Cooking time adjusted, it was done around 35-40 minutes. So delicious and easy! Thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 round cake pans.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and beat at low speed until moistened; beat for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into cake pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes; remove from pans and cool.
- Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting.
- This recipe can also be baked in a 9x13-inch pan or 18 cupcakes with baking time adjustments.