Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I make this often as a side dish for my family it's an easy one-bowl dish that is big on flavor!
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- seasoned salt & freshly ground black pepper (can use white salt)
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the Parmesan cheese until well blended.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
Carb heaven! I made one substitution and 2 additions. Substituted cilantro for parslay (added a nice flavor). In the last 10 minutes I threw bacon bits and a handful of cheddar cheese on top. YUM, Yum, yum. I'm bloated and blissed......5 stars!
Really easy to make. I deforsted mine hashbrowns in the microwave while I mixed everything else. I added a little milk to moisten it up a bit. I liked the addition of the parsley. ;) Will make again; thanx!
This really hit the spot. It was in the oven in no time (hash browns defrost in the microwave quickly). I added dill because I had no parsley which was interesting & tasty. I found 1/2 bag of shreddd cheese so I topped the casserole w/10 minutes to go in the oven. We all loved this especially me who was in desperate need of lots of comfortfoodcarbs. Thanks, Kitz!