1/1 Photo of One Bowl Chokolate Raspberry Cake to Die For..
1 hr 20 mins
Benthe (Danish)'s Note:
This recipe was created for a diabetic for Valentines. I cut both sugar and fat down by adding apples. The beauty of this recipe is that the ingredients are mixed in one step. I still feel the cake gets too dry (crumbly) after a few days. Would greatly appreciate other bakers suggestions. Are afraid to add more liquid, as the middle gets even more dense. This is my third cake in three weeks; I will not be able to fit my pants if I have to keep fiddling with this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar or 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute, equal amount
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup tart apples, shredded (packed) or 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 3/4 cup becel margarine or 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs (240-260 g total weight)
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries, 250g (not defrosted) or 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 tablespoons coarse sugar (Perle sugar)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Peel, shred and measure apples.
- 3In large mixing bowl, combine first dry ingredients.
- 4Then add shredded apples, milk, butter, and eggs.
- 5Beat at low speed until moistened; about 2 minutes at medium speed.
- 6Pour into cake pan.
- 7Cover top of cake batter with raspberries, and stick chocolate pieces into batter all around the cake. Press gently raspberries and chocolate pieces halfway into batter, sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 8Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. This is a little tricky since all the melted chocolate on top. I shake the form gently and if the batter no longer seems soft in the middle I deem it done.
- 9Cool on wire racks for 60 minutes; remove from pan and cool.
- 10Serve with vanilla ice cream or 2 cups crème fraiche sweetened with 4 tsp powdered vanilla sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Bowl Chokolate Raspberry Cake to Die For..
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.6
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 118.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 47.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: