Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This a Baker's Chocolate recipe...
- 5 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 3 of chocolate squares and the butter in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on "high" for 2 minutes; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Mix in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a mixer on low speed after each addition.
- Add .25 cups of the flour and the baking soda, mix well. Add remaining 1 cup flour alternating with the water, beating well after each addition.
- Pour evenly into 9-inch round cake pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Top with whipped topping and strawberries just before serving. Melt remaining 2 chocolate square as directed on package. Drizzle over cake top. Let stand until chocolate is set.
Very EASY and very YUMMY. I was able to whip up this simple cake while dinner was in the oven! I also 'tweaked' the ingredients and used the lower fat/calorie options and it was still VERY good! My husband thanks you for this one! He's the "chocolate hound" in our house.