Recipe by Manami
"Cake is my favorite dessert - especially frosted cake." So says Anna Ginsberg from Austin, Tx. The recipe was found on cookinglightcentral.com. I didn't include cooling time for cake in the recipe, that will vary according to the weather and humidity. I am so glad Anna Ginsberg chose to share this recipe and that we were able to make this delicious cake!
Top Review by scancan
This was such a pretty cake and was enjoyed by all. The base itself had a bit of a strong taste to it probably from all that strong coffee but with the frosting and syrup it wasn't really noticeable although next time I think I'd substitute orange juice for the coffee anyway.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar
- 177.44 ml unsweetened cocoa (I used Hershey's)
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml hot strong brewed coffee (I used Cuban coffee)
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 78.07 ml semisweet chocolate morsel (I used a combination of Hershey's & Netsle's)
- cooking spray
- 59.14 ml boiling water
- 14.79 ml instant coffee granules
- 198.44 g jar marshmallow creme
- 226.79 g container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 78.07 ml light chocolate syrup (Hershey's Lite Syrup)
- almonds, toasted and chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- TO PREPARE CAKE:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients(through salt) in a large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and oil beat with a mixer at low speed until well blended.
- Slowly add brewed coffee and vanilla, beat with a mixer at low speed 1 minute or until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate; pour batter into 9x13" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- TO PREPARE MOCHA CREAM:.
- Combine water and granules in a large bowl stir until granules dissolve.
- Add marshmallow creme; beat with a mixer at low speed until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread mocha cream over top of cake; drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with nuts.