1/2 Photos of One-Bowl Chocolate Mocha Cream Cake
"Cake is my favorite dessert - especially frosted cake." So says Anna Ginsberg from Austin, Tx. The recipe was found on cookinglightcentral.com. I didn't include cooling time for cake in the recipe, that will vary according to the weather and humidity. I am so glad Anna Ginsberg chose to share this recipe and that we were able to make this delicious cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used Hershey's)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup hot strong brewed coffee (I used Cuban coffee)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsel (I used a combination of Hershey's & Netsle's)
- cooking spray
- 1TO PREPARE CAKE:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Combine flour and next 6 ingredients(through salt) in a large bowl.
- 4Add mayonnaise and oil beat with a mixer at low speed until well blended.
- 5Slowly add brewed coffee and vanilla, beat with a mixer at low speed 1 minute or until well blended.
- 6Stir in chocolate; pour batter into 9x13" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 9TO PREPARE MOCHA CREAM:.
- 10Combine water and granules in a large bowl stir until granules dissolve.
- 11Add marshmallow creme; beat with a mixer at low speed until smooth.
- 12Fold in whipped topping.
- 13Spread mocha cream over top of cake; drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with nuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One-Bowl Chocolate Mocha Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 367.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g