Recipe by katew
This is an oldie but a goodie from Super Foods Ideas magazine that I have adapted a little.
Top Review by JustJanS
We loved this super simple cake Kate. I didn't have any bi carb soda, but that didn't seem to matter, used vanilla paste and finished with a chocolate ganache. I baked at 160c fan forced for 40 minutes would consider reducing that by a few minutes next time.
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2⁄3 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond essence or 1 teaspoon try rum or 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter,sugar and milk in saucepan till melted.
- Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Sift flour,cocoa and soda together into saucepan.
- Stir in almond meal, eggs and essence.
- Pour into greased and lined 20 cm round cake tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 40 - 50 minutes.
- Cool in tin and the turn onto rack.
- Ice with your favourite frosting or ganache.