Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This easy casserole takes only minutes to throw together and it's all mixed in one bowl! I like to add in some frozen peas and/or some drained sliced mushroons, cooked turkey may be used in place of chicken, you may omit the zucchini and use another veggie of your choice, frozen broccoli works well, you may also sprinkle grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese on the last 5 minutes of baking if desired ---- *note* because of the high sodium content in the stuffing mix there is no need to add in any extra salt ;-)
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 small thin zucchini (unpeeled and diced)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish or a 2-3 quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl toss the dry stuffing mixture with melted butter.
- Add in undiluted soup, sour cream, egg yolk and garlic along with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese; mix well to combine.
- Mix in diced zucchini, chicken, and onion and black pepper.
- Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top with 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (can use more).
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
WAY too salty. I made as directed. I should have known with the stuffing mix and the condensed soup that it may end up that way. I really liked the concept and the flavor, but the salt eventually got to me and I had to set it aside. I tend to go light on the salt in most of my cooking, but didn't expect the flavor in this to be so overwhelming. I REALLY wanted to like it!!!
This was good! I should have added a some broth, ours turned out a bit dry. I think it may have been the stuffing mix I used, or maybe the zucchini was too small to add much moisture. Loved the zucchini. Thanks for posting the recipe.
This was delicious! I'd post a picture but we ate it already ( I made it yesterday). I added a 1/2 cup each of frozen corn and peas. I also used plain yogurt instead of the sour cream because I didn't have any.
The hubby informed me I could, "make this every day". I think it would also be great with leftover pork chops instead of chicken. Our new favorite casserole.