Recipe by smellycat
This is an easy recipe, mess free, and make-ahead friendly.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Wonderfully enjoyable biscuits, & so easy to make, too! In my opinion, biscuits are the very best when freshly made, so I shared some of these with a neighbor couple! Will admit, though, that they are even good enough the next day when slathered with some warm honey butter! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix flour and baking powder. Add cheese and herbs: stir until combined.
- Cut in cream cheese until crumbly. Stir in milk until dough holds together.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface, knead 10 times. Pat into 1/2 inch thickness and cut with a 2 inch round cutter, dusted with flour.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet, brush each lightly with beaten egg. Bake for 12 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm.