Recipe by Pam-I-Am
Easy and beautiful biscuits. Great for company. The sour cream added makes them moist. Found this in a Kraft Foods magazine.
Top Review by Marsha D.
I loved this recipe! It was so different than others I have made before. I did have to add some buttermilk to give it more moisture so I could roll the dough out to cut the biscuits, other than that I had no problems.I did add minced garlic to the slightly beaten egg before spreading over the biscuits. Thanks for sharing this different way of cheddar biscuits
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (such as Italian seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F Place baking mix in a large bowl. Add the cheese and herbs, and stir to combine.
- Next add sour cream, mustard and milk and stir into baking mix until just combined.
- Place the dough onto a lightly dusted surface. Knead 10 times. Pat into 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with 2 inch circle cutter into individual biscuits.
- Place biscuits onto a baking sheet. Brush each biscuit lightly with beaten egg. Place 1 parsley leaf on top and brush again with egg.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.