Recipe by Dwynnie
I modified this recipe from the "Coconut Pound Cake" recipe supplied by Nordic Ware with their castle bundt pan. The cake is way too light to be called a pound cake any more and isn't quite a sponge cake--but it is super easy, not too sweet, and makes a great sand castle!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 -3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix until very light and lemon colored (about 5 or 6 minutes).
- Add half and half and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan to cooling rack.
- Serve with berries and whipped cream, if desired.