1 hr 15 mins
I modified this recipe from the "Coconut Pound Cake" recipe supplied by Nordic Ware with their castle bundt pan. The cake is way too light to be called a pound cake any more and isn't quite a sponge cake--but it is super easy, not too sweet, and makes a great sand castle!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour bundt pan.
- 3In a large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs and mix until very light and lemon colored (about 5 or 6 minutes).
- 5Add half and half and vanilla; mix well.
- 6Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- 7Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- 8Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 9Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan to cooling rack.
- 10Serve with berries and whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Bowl Bundt Vanilla "Sponge" Cake
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.5
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 243.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g