Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
this is like a pound cake, only with chocolate cookie bits thru it. Rec'd this from my sister in 1991.
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup coarsely crushed chocolate wafer cookie
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh sour cream
- Preheat oven 350 Degrees.
- Beat butter and eggs until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and sugar.
- Again beat well.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Blend in well.
- Sprinkle the soda, and powder, over, then add in the flour.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the crushed coarsely chocolate wafers Fold in the cinnamon.
- Pour into a greased tube pan.
- Bake 50 minutes, at 350 degrees.
This cake was moist and tasty and loved the fact that it was done all in one bowl!!! Was lazy and used 3-100 calorie packs of Oreos that I crushed right in the packs!! ;) Used half low-fat sour cream and half low-fat yogourt. Brought it to the office and it was gone fast fast fast!! Thanks andy! :)
This is really a good cake. I loved the cookie bits in there it reminded me of cookies and cream. I chopped my cookies very coarse. I want to make this next time without the cinnamon. Thanks for posting