Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
In 'Simply Sensational Cookies' by Nancy Baggett
Make and share this One-Bowl Brown Sugar Drops recipe from Food.com.
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (or a combination) or 1 cup peanut butter chips (or a combination)
- Position a rack in the middle of oven; preheat to 350°.
- Grease several large baking sheets or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, vigorously stir the brown sugar into the butter until well blended, mashing out any sugar lumps with the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the egg, vanilla, salt, and baking soda until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in the flour and morsels just until evenly incorporated.
- Vigorously stir in the eggs, then the oats; let stand for 5 minutes so the oats can hydrate.
- Drop the dough with a 1 1/2-inch spring-loaded scoop or heaping measuring tablespoonfuls, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 8-12 minutes or until the cookies are barely tinged and almost firm when pressed in the middle; be careful not to over bake.
- Transfer the baking sheets to wire racks; let stand until the cookies firm up just slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Using a wide spatula, transfer the cookies to the wire racks; let cool completely.