Chef #257009's Note:
"The best cake I've ever had" according to my 8-y-o. No fat either (well...except for optional chocolate chips!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bananas (organic, which tend t be smaller)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar (try turbinado, which has molasses)
- 1/2 cup applesauce (flavored OK)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour (all-purpose OK)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Mash bananas; push to side, leaving a space along bowl's side.
- 2Beat eggs along empty side of bowl, then combine with bananas.
- 3Stir in sugar, applesauce, vanilla and salt.
- 4Shake lightly and evenly across surface of batter, the flour and soda; mix just enough to incorporate.
- 5Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Go easy on chocolate chips because they can overwhelm the cake.
- 6Pour into greased and floured 7"x11" pyrex glass baking dish (or muffin tins, bundt rounds, etc).
- 7Bake 40 minutes at 350-degrees (less for muffins, etc.).
- 8Frosting is unnecessary but cream cheese (8 oz) & butter (4 Tb) with any flavoring (any syrup, orange concentrate) is yummy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One-Bowl Banana Chocolate Chip Walnut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 109.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g