Back of box recipe for luscious rich chocolate cookies from Baker's.
Make and share this One-Bowl Baker's Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Melt 1 package of chocolate in microwave on MEDIUM 3-4 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add butter, brown sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Coarsely chop second package of chocolate and stir to mixture along with nuts.
- Drop by heaping spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-13 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
My variation on this which I use to make Christmas cookies for presents most years replaces the "chunk" package of Baker's chocolate and the nuts with 1 cup chocolate chips (I use Hershey's Special Dark) and 1 cup something cherry flavored (I started using an imitation cherry chip, but one year I couldn't find any more, I usually do half and half between 2 ingredients. This year I did 1/2 cup Cherry flavored Craisens and 1/2 cup Toll House Cherry Flavorfulls.) Also add 1/4 tablespoon cherry flavoring.
These are awesome cookies. My kids want them made again very soon, so these will be in the cookie jar again soon! Thanks for sharing!
I have not tried this recipe. The copy I got is slightly different. It calls for 1 tsp vanilla and 2 c chopped walnuts. The rest is the same. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)