Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These sound super easy and looked great in the Kraft mag. I will try these out for Christmas dinner and submit a review.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 semisweet baking chocolate squares, melted
- Beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add flour, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Divide dough into 24 balls. Place 1 ball in each of 24 miniature muffin pan cups.
- Press onto bottoms and up sides of cups to form shells.
- Beat egg lightly in small bowl.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in pecans. Spoon evenly into pastry shells, filling each shell 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 to 30 minute or until lightly browned.
- Let stand 5 minute remove tarts from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. Let stand until set.
These were a hit at the party I took them to. I found the recipe makes more filling than I actually needed. I probably could have stretched the dough to make a few more tarts. It also required more time in the oven than the recipe called for, but that might just be my oven.