Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband loves this chili so much, he cooks it almost once a week in the winter. Very filling, and yet very low points.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Over medium heat spray a large dutch oven with non stick cooking spray.
- Saute onion, garlic and turkey until lightly browned and onions and are soft.
- Add kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and spices. stir well.
- Simmer, covered, for at least 15 minutes (can simmer for up to 2 hrs at this point.) Before serving, mix cornstarch with a little water and add to chili. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Great chili recipe. Substituted ground beef for the ground turkey, other wise followed the recipe to a T. Yummy and easy to make!