Recipe by Mmmm Tasty
These cookies have an unusual name because of the unusual story behind them: making cookies and reading the cookbook upside down, I accidentally started on the wrong recipe. Rather than throw away the butter and sugar I ahd mixed together, I came up with these cookies. Not too sweet, they're ideal to serve with coffee and tea after a dinner party.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup good-quality jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the sugar and the butter.
- Stir in the eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix in the flour.
- Roll the dough into 1" balls and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Make a depression in each ball with a floured thumb, then fill the indent with jam (I suggest cherry).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.