Mmmm Tasty's Note:
These cookies have an unusual name because of the unusual story behind them: making cookies and reading the cookbook upside down, I accidentally started on the wrong recipe. Rather than throw away the butter and sugar I ahd mixed together, I came up with these cookies. Not too sweet, they're ideal to serve with coffee and tea after a dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together the sugar and the butter.
- 2Stir in the eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- 3Mix in the flour.
- 4Roll the dough into 1" balls and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- 5Make a depression in each ball with a floured thumb, then fill the indent with jam (I suggest cherry).
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for On-The-Spot Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 25.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g