Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great one pot meal, for a quick dinner at home, camping, or in the RV!
- 1 (16 ounce) can turkey chili (or regular chili)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn (reserve liquid)
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese (shredded)
- 1 (8 ounce) box cornbread mix (Jiffy)
- 1 egg
- Mix first 2 ingredients and 1/2 of the corn into a large saucepan or Dutch Oven and heat.
- In a bowl (or plastic zip bag if you are camping) stir together cornbread mix, the remaining 1/2 of the corn with reserved corn liquid, 1 egg and enough water to form a thick batter. Blend only until evenly moistened.
- Stir remaining corn into the chili mixture.
- When chili mixture comes to a boil sprinkle top of chili with shredded cheese and top that with the cornbread batter. Cover, lower heat, and simmer just until cornbread is set. Ladle into bowls and pass some additional grated cheese and tabasco.