Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great way to use rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. With the chicken already cooked, all you have to do is assemble. This is a great alternative to fast food on nights when time is tight and everyone is starving. I pick up a chicken on the way home from work and dinner is on the table minutes after I get home.
- 1 whole cooked chicken, rotisserie style
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 12 crisp taco shells
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Reheat chicken if necessary.
- Remove meat from bones and shred.
- Place shredded chicken in a bowl and mix with salsa and avocado.
- Sprinkle cheese in the bottom of the taco shells and warm for 5 minutes.
- Place chicken mixture inside warmed taco shells and top with sour cream, if desired.
I used your recipe for a quick lunch and utilized some cooked chicken breast I had on hand. To your ingredients I added chopped green onions, black olives, and then topped the tacos with more shredded cheese. I served them with a quick to fix black bean salad. It was easy and fast. Thank you for sharing your recipe! *reviewed for Pick A Chef Spring 2007*