Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The name says it all! These are so nice to pop into the cooler & tote along to the ball game, going fishing, or just for a day in the park! Also good for those potluck dinners at church--a nice change from the usual casserole fare!
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 2 carrots
- 12 large lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 apple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- Wrap tortillas in moistened paper toweling, pop in the microwave to warm slightly.
- Toast pecans in heavy skillet; when lightly browned, add sugar; stir until melted and sticking to nuts; set aside to cool.
- Peel & grate carrots; set aside.
- Set lettuce leaves with the carrots and nuts.
- DRESSING: In a small mixing bowl, combine all dressing ingredients, stirring to blend; set aside to meld flavors.
- FILLING: In a medium mixing bowl, toss all ingredients; pour dressing over filling and mix well.
- ASSEMBLE: Lay tortillas out on the table or counter; on the side closest to you, top with two (or more) lettuce leaves, followed by 1/6th of the grated carrots and 1/6th of the sugared nuts; finish with 1/6th of the filling; repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Roll tightly; fold sides in as you go and wrap securely in waxed or parchment paper place seam-side down.
- At serving time: Cut each wrap in half with the wax paper still around it.
- VARIATION: Before adding dressing to the filling ingredients, spread some over HALF of each tortilla before laying down the lettuce.
- SUBSTITUTION: How about crab meat for the chicken?
Loved these wraps. Changes I made were to use half sharp paprika in place of curry and I did not toast the pecans. One can also use quartered green grapes and a bit of chopped celery in place of apples. Will definitely make again.
Good recipe. I added halved grapes and plain toasted pecans. No curry, carrots or onion. Similar to the new sandwich at Arby's.
Loved this one. My only comment was that for me their was entirely too much dressing for the salad and I ended up using about half of what I made. The flavors of all the components were great and married well in the final dish. My other comment was this only made 4 servings here. Thanks and good luck.