1/2 Photos of On-The-Go Breakfast Egg Rolls
A portable low-fat breakfast! Egg roll wrappers/skins are found in the produce section of most supermarkets. If you're ambitious,search "egg roll wrap" and "egg roll wrappers" and try the homemade variety. These freeze well: just use the defrost setting in the microwave - or let sit overnight in the refrigerator - then toast in a toaster oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) carton egg whites (shells removed) or 6 eggs (shells removed)
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk or 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces turkey sausage (or turkey bacon or regular bacon, even veggie bacon or veggie sausage) or 4 ounces sausage, cooked and chopped in small pieces (or turkey bacon or regular bacon, even veggie bacon or veggie sausage)
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 1 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese (optional) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (optional)
- 4 tablespoons asiago cheese
- non-fat cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2On the stove, heat a large skillet greased with cooking spray to medium high.
- 3Whisk together egg, milk and peppers in a bowl, and add to skillet; scramble until nearly done. Add spinach and cooked meat and stir together until well-mixed, then remove from burner.
- 4Assemble the egg rolls: on each wrapper, place one-eighth of the egg mixture (almost half a cup), two tablespoons shredded jack cheese (if using) and sprinkle with half a tablespoon of asiago cheese. Moisten the edges of each egg roll wrap; fold in sides and then roll tightly the long way like an egg roll in a Chinese restaurant; place in a baking dish greased with cooking spray.
- 5Spray the top of the egg rolls with cooking spray and bake for eight minutes, then flip on the other side and cook an additional eight minutes or just until starting to crisp and turn golden. Allow a minute to cool and then ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for On-The-Go Breakfast Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.8
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 343.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic pepper seasoning