1/2 Photos of On the Fly Spaghetti Pie - Baked Spaghetti
When I was child, my oldest sister would take my nephew and I to a pizza place called 'Godfathers Pizza'- there are still a few around on the East Coast. I fell head over heels in love with their baked spaghetti! A dish they would make with the leftover spaghetti from the day before. For years I craved the specific flavor of the Godfather's sauce until one day I bought a jar of Classico Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions spaghetti sauce. WOW! Was I shocked and happy to find it was almost exactly like I had remembered the Godfather's sauce to be. Recently I discovered that Newman's Own also makes a close second called Sockarooni Sauce! Either way, here is my recipe for Baked Spaghetti. I also encourage you to use either of these sauces on homemade pizza! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven, or toaster oven, to 350 degrees.
- 2Remove sausage from casings, crumble and brown in a frying pan until cooked through. Drain all oil from the sausage.
- 3Mix the jar sauce with the sour cream. Ladle 1/4 cup of the sauce into the bottom of a 8x8, 9x9 or 10x10 baking dish. Top with 2 tsp of the fresh grated parmesan.
- 4Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain and toss with sausage, red pepper flakes, the remaining spaghetti sauce, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of the Italian cheese blend.
- 5Place the spaghetti mixture on top of the sauce in the baking dish. Place the cheese mixture on top of the spaghetti.
- 6Finish off with remaining cheese mixture on top.
- 7Place baking dish in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving with a crusty bread.
- 8NOTE: The larger the dish you use, the thinner your recipe becomes in height. An 8x8 baking dish will yield a 3in high pie, whereas a 10x10 dish will yield a 2 inch high pie. You can also make this recipe with leftover spaghetti from a previous meal. Simply make sauce with the sour cream and mix with your spaghetti as in STEPS 3 & 4. Top off as in STEP 6 and bake as directed in STEP 7.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for On the Fly Spaghetti Pie - Baked Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 1089.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend