Recipe by Lori Mama
Simple little lunch. Perfect for the toaster oven.
Top Review by katew
I used this topping on a family pizza using loads of diced up fresh tomatoes. A friend over for dinner said he would have paid good money if he could have ordered it in a cafe - high praise indeed. Nothing can ever be made for one in this household - too many combine harvesters lurking !!!
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 basil leaves, julienned
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with non stick spray if needed.
- Place pita bread on baking sheet.
- Divide cheese and basil on the pita.
- arrange the tomato slices around.
- top with the garlic if using
- sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or to desired crispness.