Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you are addicted to OTB salsa then you will love this recipe. Each time I make it everyone asks for the recipe. After you make it a few times, you can learn to control how spicy you want it. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large roma tomato
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Open the can of tomatoes and pour all contents into food processor.
- Dice up the roma tomato, onion, and garlich into small chunks and toss into the processor.
- Clean and destem the cilantro and put into proceesor.
- Slice the lime and squeeze till you have 1 tbspn of juice, put into processor.
- Place all other ingreidients into the processor. Blend for about 10 to 12 seconds and check the consistency to determine how chunky or runny you are wanting your salsa. Refridgerate for an hour or two and serve. You can eat immediately but it will taste better if you let everthing set.
I have tried so many "On the Boarder" recipes and this one is a grande slam! It is as close to the actual OTB salsa that I have ever tried. The OTB salsa itself is a bit to spicy for me so I cut the cayenne pepper in half. Once done I tried it right out of the blender (okay but nothing special) then let it sit for an hour or so and BAM. Flavors all across the board! If you like salsa in general then try this! My roommates and I have already eaten the whole serving in about 8 hours (all 3 of us really love good salsa)
This is a great and easy salsa! Nice and spicy and loved the addition of the lime. Thanks for sharing the recipe!