Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Tunisian carrot salad, although unlike any I saw on here. I haven't tried it yet, but am saving it for future use. I think this is from Martha Rose Shulman
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground caraway
- 1⁄2 teaspoon harissa
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ounces mediterranean black olives
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut in wedges
- 4 ounces tuna in vegetable oil, drained (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- Simmer the carrots 5-10 minutes in lightly salted water; drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the carrots, harrisa, garlic, salt, and caraway; cook about 3 minutes.
- Mix in parsley and remove from heat.
- Transfer to serving bowl and toss with lemon juice and pepper.
- Top with olives, sliced eggs, and tuna if using.