Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 packet roqaq (a type of cracker bread)
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut, grated
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 cup milk (rich, well-sweetened)
- Dry the roqaq or gullash, 1-2 sheets at a time, for 1-2 minutes in a hot oven, enough to make them dry and crisp.
- Crush with fingers and place in lightly greased oven dish.
- Mix nuts and coconut, and scatter on top.
- Warm the sweetened milk and pour over the dessert.
- Dab with butter or cream, and placed in moderately hot oven (325-375 F) until top is browned.
Best to use puff pastry as roqaq is not readily available in the US. Phyllo dough does not work as well as puff pastry. MK Radnich
just what i was looking for!