Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a sausage omlet for many made all at once! GREAT for summertime vacation! Just mix, set and go to bed! I use the sundried tomatoes since it will rehydrate during cooking. you can use fresh but recommend waiting until serving to top each serving with fresh room temperature diced tomatoes. You can use other meats if you wish, use some leftover ham, or crispy fried bacon. cooked turkey sausage. Add fresh sliced mushrooms or diced bell peppers! or how about a minced jalapeno! what ever you like in your omlet the choices are yours- just make sure any meats are already cooked.
- 26 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, julienne cut
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or half and half)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner (reynolds makes these) Layer 1/2 of the potatoes on the bottom of slow cooker, half of the sausage, 1/2 the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, 1/2 the sun dried tomatoes and green onion. Repeat with the remaining half of the same ingredients.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper and cayenne in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour evenly over potato-sausage mixture.Cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high setting for 4 hours or until eggs are set.
Very good! I was nervous about making it, since no one had rated it, but I jumped in. The crock pot was completely full. It feeds a lot. This is a basic recipe that you can add anything that you like! I added jalapeno cheese, along with mozzarella. Next time I am adding green chilies, instead of green onions, and cheddar cheese. Don't be afraid to add anything you like... meat, cheese, veggies, whatever!