Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Awesome recipe I found in a walmart ad!
- 1 (8 ounce) canof pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 tiny fish-shaped pretzel crackers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 16 M&M's
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Remove dough from can; do not unroll.
- With serrated knife, cut roll into 16 slices.
- For each owl, use 2 dough slices.
- Unroll a 2 inch strip from each.
- Place slices on ungreased cookie sheet with sides touching and 2 inch strips at top center.
- For owl's horns, fold strips in half and bend toward outer edges ;pinch pinch strips at fold, forming points.
- For owl's beak, press 1 fish cracker, tail end pointing toward top of head, into bottom center of dough.
- Repeat with remaining dough slices and crackers to make 8 owls, placing owls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush owls with melted butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Immediately press 2 m&m's on each owl for eyes.
- Carefully move to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes, before serving.