Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
My own special recipe for peanut butter cookies. I won two awards for these babies.
- 1⁄2 cup room temp real butter
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 jumbo egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted bleached all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Stir butter and peanut butter together in a large glass bowl until smooth. Stir in white and brown sugar.
- Next add vanilla, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add egg; mix well.
- Add flour; mix until smooth and sticky.
- Roll dough into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Dip fork into sugar and press down two ways. Put in oven for 8 minutes, or until the sides of cookie are brown and soft. Transfer to baking rack, let cool.
I have tried many peanut butter cookie recipes and these were a good as they were promised. I like a crunchy cookie and these were all that and more.They were very easy to make and I made the recipe as it was written so that I could give a fair review....Thanks!