Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is absolutley the best recipe I have ever had! Creamy , Cheesy, just perfect flavor.
- 340.19 g medium pasta shells
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 473.18 ml whole milk
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cracked black pepper
- 946.36 ml white extra-sharp cheddar cheese (I use Sargento)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cook macaroni noodles, drain.
- in another sauce pan melt the butter over med / high heat, wisk in the flour, gradually add the milk and half n half stirring constantly until thickened. Add the salt n pepper and the cheese stir until melted.
- Spray a 9x13 pan, pour the macaroni mixture in and bake for 2o to 30 minutes or until browned.
This turned out a great tasty meal! I couldn't find white cheddar at the particular store I was at, so decided to use 2 cups of a triple cheddar blend and 2 cups of cubed Velveeta. Also threw in about 8 oz. of cubed ham for my carnivore husband. We were starving, so I skipped the baking step. After it was all mixed up, we just microwaved it on our plates. It got the "delicious" remark from husband! Osheri, thanks for the recipe!!
I made a mac recipe a couple months ago that I was just as easy but called for cream. This ratio of milk to half and half was much lighter. I also only use 1% milk and always have half and half on hand. The mac and cheese was just as creamy and delicious but tastied lighter and had less guilt. Thanks for this recipe it's my new mac and cheese keeper. Made for PAC spring '09.