Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Once you make these, YOU WILL NEVER MAKE HAMBURGERS ANY OTHER WAY! They are loaded with flavor and even with a whole wheat roll, they will melt in your mouth! Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm YUM! Just as good as Fuddruckers!
- 1 lb hamburger (optional -Organic, Grass Fed, Beef)
- 1 large onion, chopped 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (more if you like!)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper (start with 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper)
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (4 old bread slices in Blender until crumbs)
- 4 whole wheat rolls, sliced in half
- 1. Chop Onion into 1/4" pieces (slice hashmarks into onion without going all the way through, then slice down - super EASY!).
- 2. Place Onion in skillet with Olive Oil - saute 5 min until transparent.
- 3. Meanwhile put all other ingredients into bowl and mix with hand until well blended.
- 4. Add sauteed onions (you could wait a bit to let them cool down on plate - but I just put them right in).
- 5. Mix again until well blended.
- 6. Set George Forman Grill (outdoor grill with dome) on #4 for 10 minutes to pre-heat. Or set your grill on to whatever you cook hamburgers.
- 7. Divide Meat mixture into 4 pieces.
- 8. Mash each pieces between hands until you get a patty that is 4-5" diameter and 1/2 inch thick (this is important!).
- 10. Place each patty on preheated grill.
- 11. Set timer for 5 minutes.
- 12. Turn pattys and set timer for 3 minutes.
- 13. Add cheese to patties and set timer for 2 minutes.
- 14. Have Whole Wheat Rolls ready:.
- Toast in toaster to warm up.
- Brush both sides with Olive oil.
- 15. Take burgers off grill and place on bun bottoms.
- 16. Place top bun on burger.
- 17. Serve immediately with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles & relish.