Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe supposedly comes from Le Cordon Bleu Paris. The eggs should be light and this might take a little practice. Enjoy!!
- Pick the leaves off of the sprigs and chop the ends off of the chives. Blanch in boiling water and then into ice-cold water. Using a kitchen dish towel, squeeze out the excess water. Chop the spices finely and then divide into 4 piles. Set aside.
- Using 1 oz of melted butter and 4 warm plates, portion the butter onto each plate and then season lightly with salt and black pepper. Set aside in a warm place.
- In a mixing bowl, break 3 eggs and whisk well. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix in one of the piles of herbs.
- Heat an omelette pan with 1 oz of butter over medium heat. When hot enough, pour the egg mixture into the pan and stirring gently with a fork, lift the sides of the omelette to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath. The omelette, when ready, should be just firm and not very brown.
- Once the eggs are ready, give the pan a quick shake and then turn it vertical over the plate. Use the fork to guide the omelette onto the plate and to quickly fold it over in the classic fold (onto itself). Use a clean dish towel to press the omelette gently to the plate.
- For the remaining three omelettes, return to step 3 and repeat. Serve each omelette immediately upon completion.