Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good brunch or light meal recipe from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 150 g pork fillets (trimmed of fat)
- 2 cm piece ginger (cut into thin strips)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (saalt reduced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 150 g sweet potatoes (orange coarsely grated)
- 1 corn on the cob (kernels removed)
- 3 eggs (50 grams)
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- ground black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 carrot (peeled into ribbons using a vegetable peeler)
- 1 lebanese cucumber (peeled into ribbons using a vegetable peeler)
- 1⁄3 cup coriander (cilantro fresh leaves)
- Brush a medium non stock frypan with a little of the oil and heat on medium high and add pork and reduce heat o medium and cook turning occasionally for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked and then transfer to a plate and set aside to rest.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan and cook stirring often for 2 to 3 minutes and transfer to a board and finely chop and put in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the soy sauce and lime juice to pan, stir and remove pan from heat and pour over garlic mixture and set aside.
- Wash pan.
- Heat remaining oil on medium high in pan and add sweet potato and corn and cook stirring often for 4 to 5 minutes or until sweet potato is just tender and set aside.
- Wash pan and then line with baking paper and heat on medium and spread half of the sweet potato mixture over base of pan.
- Whiusk eggs and milk in a small bowl and pour half of the egg mixture over sweet potatoe mix and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until egg is set.
- Turn over and remove paper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked and set aside covered with foil and repeat with remaining sweet potato mix and egg mixture.
- Shred pork and put into a large bowl with garlic mix, bean sprouts, carrot, cucumber and coriander and toss.
- Top omelettes with salad to serve.