Recipe by gmthomerson
This recipe was made up by me. I decided to make a onlette for breakfast and had quite a few ingredients in the fridge. I tried it and i was in heaven, best omlette i've ever made and tasted. My family loved it and it filled me up for lunch and breakfast. Wonderful dish and so glad i wanted an omlette that morning! Please try it. You can add different cheeses but this came out perfectly.
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 1 shallot, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon organic pancetta, chopped into small cubes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 chives, but add more to your liking, chopped finely
- 25 g cheddar cheese
- 25 g mozzarella cheese (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon single cream
- 1 teaspoon cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a medium/large frying pan on a low to medium heat.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and then a small knob of butter. Add the shallots and stir for a minute until slightly soft.Then add the garlic and finally the pancetta.Turn the heat to low.
- Beat 2 eggs in a mixing bowl with a whisk and add the single cream, pepper, salt and chives. Whisk in the cream cheese.
- Grate in the cheddar and mix with the whisk.
- Cut the mozerella into medium pieces and add to the egg mix.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the contents to the egg mix. Mix until combined.
- Put the frying pan used for earlier in the recipe back onto a medium heat and pour in the egg mix.
- Cook until the bottom of the omlette is golden brown, make sure you use a spatula to release the omlette's edges from the pan to prevent burning the sides of the egg mixture.
- Put the frying pan into a preheated oven, set at 250 degrees *C and cook until the omlette is puffed and starting to turn golden brown.
- Top the cooked omlette with small slices of mozerella and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Take out of the oven and serve immediately.