Chef #826181's Note:
This recipe was made up by me. I decided to make a onlette for breakfast and had quite a few ingredients in the fridge. I tried it and i was in heaven, best omlette i've ever made and tasted. My family loved it and it filled me up for lunch and breakfast. Wonderful dish and so glad i wanted an omlette that morning! Please try it. You can add different cheeses but this came out perfectly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 1 shallot, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon organic pancetta, chopped into small cubes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 chives, but add more to your liking, chopped finely
- 25 g cheddar cheese
- 25 g mozzarella cheese (or more)
- 1/2 teaspoon single cream
- 1 teaspoon cream cheese
- 1Put a medium/large frying pan on a low to medium heat.
- 2Add a drizzle of olive oil and then a small knob of butter. Add the shallots and stir for a minute until slightly soft.Then add the garlic and finally the pancetta.Turn the heat to low.
- 3Beat 2 eggs in a mixing bowl with a whisk and add the single cream, pepper, salt and chives. Whisk in the cream cheese.
- 4Grate in the cheddar and mix with the whisk.
- 5Cut the mozerella into medium pieces and add to the egg mix.
- 6Take the pan off the heat and add the contents to the egg mix. Mix until combined.
- 7Put the frying pan used for earlier in the recipe back onto a medium heat and pour in the egg mix.
- 8Cook until the bottom of the omlette is golden brown, make sure you use a spatula to release the omlette's edges from the pan to prevent burning the sides of the egg mixture.
- 9Put the frying pan into a preheated oven, set at 250 degrees *C and cook until the omlette is puffed and starting to turn golden brown.
- 10Top the cooked omlette with small slices of mozerella and cook until the cheese is melted.
- 11Take out of the oven and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omelette With Pancetta, Chive and English Cheddar
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.9
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 425.2 mg
- Sodium 608.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: