1/1 Photo of Omelette With Herbs
A great way to use garden herbs. This is adaptable to whatever herbs you have in your garden. When I made it mostly chives and tarragon because that is what I had the most of, but I think this will be good with oregano or other fresh herbs too. The original recipe didn't use any cheese, but I added two slices of deli Swiss cheese (about 1/4 cup). Recipe source: Bon Appetit (Bon Appetit 1991)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl whisk eggs and water together and then season with salt and pepper.
- 2Stir in herbs (parsley - thyme or your favorites).
- 3*Note: In the original directions, an omlet pan was used using only half of the egg mixture and half of the butter at a time -- making two complete omlets seperately, rather than the way I indicated in the direction below.
- 4In a skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat and add the egg mixture to pan.
- 5If using cheese, add cheese on top of eggs.
- 6Let eggs set around edges and then lift edges and tilt pan, so uncooked eggs will go under the cooked eggs.
- 7Cook until eggs are almost set (1 -2 minutes) and then using a spatula, roll 1/3 of omlet to center.
- 8Tilt pan and slide omlet onto plate.
- 9Garnish with chives, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omelette With Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.5
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 680.4 mg
- Sodium 319.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 26.9 g